Apply for Health & Safety Excellence Award - Laboratory
This award is open to any laboratory or research group on the island of Ireland that can demonstrate best practice in health and safety, compliance to standards, training, technical and behavioural improvements over the past 12 months. This may include industrial or commercial labs, labs at third-level institutes or research institutions, or those working in the public service.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Initiative outline: Describe the Health and Safety initiative in place over the past 12 months. What was the rationale and background behind it?
- Commitment: What commitment has been made to staff training and communication of the initiative? What is the level of senior management buy in? Does it form a central part of the culture?
- Accreditation: Do you have any accreditation, benchmarking or external validation of the initiative?
- Innovation: Outline any particularly innovative uses of H&S materials, products or methods.
- Outcomes & results: What have been the practical benefits of the initiative? Show measurable outcomes, such as improvements in performance, welfare of staff and costs savings.
- Future uses: How will you use the initiative in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.